Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Play

Best Served Cold

2 friend find each other on Facebook. After 17 years, they decide that they both want to go to a local bar to get drinks and catch up with each other's lives.

(Julio enters the bar; Dimitri has already found a table and ordered drinks for them. Dimitri waves to Julio)

Julio: Dimitri? Is that your?
Dimitri: Yes!
Julio: Didn't recognize you with the beard..
Dimitri: Ah yes. I decided to grow one awhile back. Why don't you take a seat
(Both take a seat at the table)
Dimitri: How have you been? Haven't seen you since the office days.
Julio: I've been alight. Been hopping from job to job. How about you?
Dimitri: Great! My boss just gave me a raise.
Julio: Wow. You're life must be great (under his breath) that should've been me.
Dimitri: Of course! Great job, big house, and loving family. Speaking of family, have you finally settled down?
Julio: No. I can't keep a relationship for more than a month.
Dimitri: That's a shame. How about we order some dinner.
(Both of the men order their food)
Dimitri: Oh, I just forgot. I left my wallet at home. Do you mind covering this one bill for me, old friend?
Julio: Sure... (Thinking) Mr. Rich can't even pay for his own meal. I would never do that if I had his job. 
Dimitri: Thanks man.
(After a few hours at the bar, the two men order 2 steaks each and 8 drinks)
Julio: (To waiter) I'll just have the check please
Dimitri: Well this was a good time.
Julio: Agreed. (Mumbles) My life would be better if you hadn't taken my job. You didn't even deserve it.
Dimitri: Did you say something?
Julio: Oh. No. I was just figuring out the tip.
Dimitri: Alright. Thanks again for taking care of the bill.
Julio: No problem (Thinking) you're the only one who's going to be paying tonight.
(Julio gets up)
Julio: I'll be right back. Gotta go to the bathroom.
Dimitri: Alright pal.
Julio: (Thinking) I'll show you "pal". 
(After 10 minutes, Dimirti goes to check on Julio and see what the hold up is)
Dimitri: (Entering the bathroom) Julio? You alright?
(After searching the bathroom, Dimitri checks outside. The bartender, thinking he is leaving without paying, yells at him to pay the bill. As Dimitri reaches the table, he sees that he has a text from an unknown number. It reads "revenge is a dish best served cold")
End

No comments:

Post a Comment