Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Angry Letter

Dear Bishop Feehan,

For a school with such positive reviews, I find many flaws in the way the school is run and classes conducted. Some of these flaws encouraged me to transfer to Norton High. First off, six forty five minute classes a day is not a productive schedule. Very little work is accomplished in such a short amount of time. As a result, more homework is issued each night. Doing six classes worth of homework a night is a strenuous schedule. It is made even worse if a student participates in a sport, which I did. The homework would often keep me up late at night and even into the morning. Secondly, the religious courses are mandatory and graded improperly. Even though the school is Catholic, a student should be able to pick if they want to take the course or not. During my time at Feehan, I met multiple classmates who were not Catholic. Also, the classes should not be graded the same as an academic course. It should simply be a pass or fail grade. Students who do the work should be rewarded. Lastly, mandatory iPad use was perhaps the worst part of the classes. Often during class, I would be extremely bored. To remedy this, I would search the web or play a game. Although it was entertaining, it took me away from the class and led to me not retaining information. If these deterrents were not present, I may have remained at Bishop Feehan. However, that was not the case.

Signed,
Alex Domagalski

No comments:

Post a Comment